Happy almost Friday! Guys, i’m in heaven right now, the weather has been amazing this week! I think we’re finally done with the snow, and good riddance, it was getting annoying and quite frankly making my life a little difficult.
I like to plan my life/day the night before and let me tell you, it’s time consuming preparing for snow. Putting together a presentable outfit that will keep me warm, contemplating if I should wear snow shoes all day or bring a change of shoes etc. It’s all very…time consuming, and it cuts into my night routine.
I love my night routine and it is not to be messed with! It’s such an amazing feeling stripping the day away and let’s not forgot putting on comfy clothes. YES. I live for this.
So today, I’ll be sharing my super top secret (not really) night routine. It’s truly the bee’s knees.
Please note, I try my best to do this every night BUT life does happen and sometimes I’m gross and fall asleep with my makeup on
- Comfy Clothes | The first thing I do when I get home is put on comfy clothes. I’ve suffered all day in real clothes so this is a necessity!
- Remove Makeup | Recently I’ve been using the Garnier Cleansing Water to remove my makeup. It’s super gentle and get’s my face squeaky clean.
- Wash My Face | My holy grail face wash is Purity by Philosophy. I have never loved something so much. Do yourself a favor and get you a bottle. Remember to always pat dry your face, pulling at your face can cause wrinkles!
- Moisturize | I have the driest/oily skin the world! Aka severe combination skin, because of this I am very picky about the products I use to moisturize my skin; it also has to work well with my acne medication. Recently I’ve been using this Valentia Royal Rose Hydrating Serum. This serum is filled with great stuff like vitamin B (helps with hyper pigmentation), lavender (heals pimples and sores), primrose oil (moisturizes in a non oily way), rosehip seed oil (locks in moisture and naturally rich in vitamin C), bearberry (brightens your complexion) and rosa damascena (very moisturizing!). So overall it’s a bomb ass product. Did I mention it smells like roses? This stuff is legit (you can purchase it here and here).
- Hydrate | I try drinking a big glass of water, honestly I have trouble hitting my water goal for the day.
- Read Up | I love reading self help books before bed! It’s puts me in the best mood and set’s me up for the next day in the best way! These days I only get to read books a few nights a week, the rest of the days I’m reading for classes or editing papers. Super glamorous #gradschool
- Lights Out | When my eyes can no longer remain open, I snuggle in bed #burritostyle and drift to sleep.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! Don’t be shy, share your night routine below!
Truthfully Yours, Dahlia
This post is in collaboration with Valentia Skin Care Products. I was sent the Valentia Royal Rose Hydrating Serum to review. You may purchase the product here.