Confession Time. I’m obsessed with watching/reading people’s daily routines. It sounds odd, but I love it. If you don’t read the My Morning Routine blog, what are you doing? It’s shares the morning routines of successful people, celebrities etc. in an interview format. It’s addicting! You can usually find me reading it on the train, on the way to work. Reading other peoples routines is kind of inspiring for me, and gives me ideas about my own routine.
With that said, today i’m really excited to share this blog post. It’s been a work in progress for a few months, and it’s finally ready.
Today I sharing my hair routine! I’m really excited about this because it’s taken me years to find products that my hair agrees with. My hair is FINALLY thriving and I wanted to share the good news, also I really love the products I’ve been using so I wanted to share the wealth.
This post is in collaboration with Maple Holistics, they provide a natural, holistic range of premium products such as shampoos, conditioners, face masks, bath soaks and more. All of their product are made in the USA, all natural, cruelty-free, and sulfate-free. They’re pretty much the best products.
The deets on my hair: I have permanently relaxed hair, that get’s touched up every 8 weeks or so. My hair is really thin, so it doesn’t respond to heavy products. I try to wash it 1x a a week, but if I don’t have time I wash it the following week.
I’m going to keep it real, this routine is a little lengthy but I really enjoy it and it’s my version of self care. I reserve this routine for Sunday afternoons (#sundayfunday), I do a little coffee, plan out my week, meditate, all while doing this routine.
Let’s get into it!
- Pre-condition | I use a hair mayonnaise to condition my hair before I wash it. I apply it from root to tip and comb through my hair so it’s evenly distributed. I throw my hair in a bun and go on with my life for and hour, sometimes two…I want to make sure that this conditioner has penetrated every strand of my hair. Do I use some super fancy conditioner? Hell No. I get the hair mayo listed below at my local beauty supply store, it’s like $10 and works like a dream. When it’s soaked my hair I wash it out with warm water.
- Shampoo & Condition | Here is where Maple Holistics magical products come in. They kindly sent me their tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner, and I’m not joking this stuff is amazing. In case you didn’t know tea tree oil is a great remedy for dandruff, which I have. It’s keeps the flakes at bay and keeps my hair smelling nice. 10 out 10 would recommend.
- Deep Condition | After I wash and condition, I deep condition my hair. Shout out to Nicole for sharing her hair show samples with me, otherwise I would have never found this stuff. I’m convinced it a magical elixir! I distribute this throughout my hair from root to tip and comb through it. I throw on a plastic shower cap and let it do it’s thing for a looooonnnnggg time, like 2 to 3 hours. Then I wash my hair out!
- Drying Process | I comb through my hair and let it air dry 75%. I use a dime sized amount of heat protectant serum and blow dry my hair. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Style | Lastly, I add a little more serum to my hair and proceed to flat iron my hair on low heat.
My hair is in the best shape of it life because of these products. I’ve linked them all below!
Let me know what kind of routines you’d like to see on TYD!
P.S – Are you all following me on Instagram? Big things are popping off over there, don’t miss out on the fun!