Hello! Welcome back, it’s great to see you.
Today we’re diving into all the specifics of the products I used while on my Accutane journey. For all my product junkies, this is the post for you.
So many killer products that I can’t live without. My skin routine has lengthened by like 10 minutes but the results are so worth it. You’ll be glowing by the end.
Did I mention there’s an entire tutorial on how I use all these products LIVE on Sunday?! Not only do you get a written step-by-step, but you’re also getting a video tutorial. I want to make sure you have all the details!
Let’s jump into it.
- Double cleanse. Yes, I double cleanse. I use a cleansing balm first, followed by a cream cleanser. Double cleansing ensures that every ounce of makeup is removed from my skin as well as brightens up my skin. Typically a double cleanse consists of a balm/oil followed by a water-based cleanser but since my skin is VERY dry I follow up with a cream cleanser and it works like a charm.
- Pat dry. This is super important. Do not rub your skin dry! It’ll cause irritation and wrinkles. So be preventative, pat dry, do not rub dry.
- Tone. I do three spritzes of a lavender toner and let it set in for a 20 seconds.
- Serum. I am the serum queen. I not only do one serum I do two! I do a water-based serum first like a hyaluronic acid followed by a very thick overnight recovery serum.
- Moisturize. I follow up on my serum with a thick moisturizer.
- Eye cream. The last a final step. I take a small amount on my ring finger and pat it underneath my eye. The ring finger allows
- If my skin is extra dry, I’ll do a hydrating sheet mask right after I tone.
- Maybe around once a week I’ll do a hydrating gel mask right after cleansing. I like to wash my face before I shower, throw on the mask right before I get into the shower and wash it off at the end of my shower.
- Cleanse. I use one cleanser in the morning. The same one I use in the evening.
- Pat Dry.
- Tone. I use a cucumber toner in the morning to wake me up first thing.
- Serum. I also use two serum in the morning. I like a water-based serum followed by an acne-fighting day serum.
- Moisturize. I use the same moisturizer that I use in the evening.
- Sunscreen. I am awful at remembering to wear sunscreen but this step is VERY important. Your skin needs to be protected by the sun’s rays and sunscreen prevents wrinkles, fines lines and signs of aging.